Thursday, September 11, 2008

17 week doctor appointment

This afternoon I had a doctors appointment. I was surprised when they took me back and told me that the doctor was going to do another ultrasound. I had 2 with the tech at 6 and 9 weeks to make sure the baby was ok since there were some miscarriage concerns. But now the doctor has done one at both of my regular appointments. I'm not complaining, I love to see that they baby is ok, and watch him/her wiggling around in there (he/she was waving today!!). The doc said he was doing it because they doppler is sketchy at this point to find the heartbeat so he would rather do a quick ultrasound to check on the baby. He tried to look at the sex but it wasn't a very good ultrasound machine and the baby wasn't cooperating. My weight is good so far, at 12 weeks I had gained a pound, and at this appointment I was down a pound. So I'm happy to be almost half way with no weight gain. Because I am heavy to begin with it is good to keep my weight gain minimal. And we all know how it comes real quick at the end. My placenta is still low, I asked him at what point they consider a low placenta a placenta previa and he said it is already called that, but that my placenta could still move up as the baby grows, they just have to watch it. Kind of scary, I had a very uncomplicated pregnancy with Dylan, so it's odd to me to have anything wrong. Sorry for the lack of pictures lately, I haven't been able to find my camera cord since we moved, but when I do I will post some new pictures of the house, updated pictures of dylan, and more accurate belly pictures.

1 comment:

Cris said...

Hey girl. I had a low placenta w/ Em. In the second trimester, I was told no activities, I was playing volleyball when I found out, no heavy lifting and no whoopie! lol. My doctor also said it had a good chance of moving/growing upward and it did! Just some encouragement. =) I'll be praying for that little bundle of joy to move up!! Don't worry, God knows what he is doing! Ecclesiastes 11:5 " As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things." Just take courage in that we might not understand and might be fearful, but God is in complete control. I pray right now that you will be comforted in this whole pregnancy and you are able to enjoy it (as much as possible...I remember being so tired with a little one running around). I pray you have peace and strength to get thru everyday! Amen! God bless you Genny! I can't wait to catch up at Mom's! Let me know if I can do anything for you...even pray! =)