Friday, June 27, 2008

We have a swimmer!

So my Mom decided for some reason the other morning to take Dylan swimming without his vest floatie thing....and he can swim!! Just like that! I told you in another post that you could take pads out of this vest one by one, and I had only taken out two of the 10. With my Mom the other day he was mostly dog paddling and treading water, but today my friend Kaley and I were swimming with him and he was swimming like 1/3 of the pool length underwater! I'm so proud of him, I really thought it would take most of the summer for him to get the hang of it. Just a month ago I tried to get him to swim a couple times without assistance and he would just go under immediatly. It's hard to say if the switch from floaties to the vest was a real help, but it did free up his arms so that he could learn to use them, and it didn't keep him up quite as well, which forced him to try a little harder. Here is a video of him with my Mom the first day. It takes him awhile to get off the steps but eventually he swims to her. Sorry, for some reason when I upload off my camera I lose the sound.

1 comment:

Hailey said...

Great job Dylan! By the way - the sound totally works!