Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The House

Those of you whom I have talked to recently know all about the housing drama that our family has been going through. We sold our mobile home in January after almost 2 years on the market. I was sure that when that was over our troubles were done and buying a home would be a positive experience. Wrong!! We decided to make an offer on a house in Villa Montego in south east Indio at the end of January. It was what they call a "short sale", which as anyone knows who has had experience with one of these, it is anything but short! They initially told us it would be 4-6 weeks to find out, and after 3 months we gave up and started looking again. The Villa Montego house was 4 bedrooms which I was really liking because I felt like it would be helpful, even if we had another baby, to still have an extra room. But when we started looking again we fell for a smaller house in west Indio in the shields ranch area. It was built in 1989, 3 bd 2ba, but 30,000 dollars cheaper then the previous house. We like the area a lot, especially since it is so much closer to La Quinta and Palm Desert. We are also seeing this house as a good investment even if we can't stay there forever, the payment is low enough that we wouldn't have trouble renting it. It is a foreclosure but not a short sale. We are in the process of buying it right now and still are struggling a little with how long the bank takes to get back on anything. But we are trusting the Lord that we are doing the right thing and that it will all be taken care of in the end. If all goes as it is supposed to we will be closing escrow on the 10th of July. Less than a month away!! For the last 5 months we have been living with my parents which has actually been a huge blessing because they have been so helpful with Dylan, and he loves them soooo much. Here are some pictures of the house, it needs a little work but nothing major.



The front of the house


The living room, it is small but we think it will work and it has a nice bay window. Another thing I like about this house is that it already has ceiling fans in every room. Very important!!



The kitchen-I don't like the white washed cabinents, we will probably paint them



The dining area- it is actually really long, good for a nice long table that I don't have yet :-)




The back patio- I like that it's covered and it has a ceiling fan and even a tv! The backyard is also big enough for a play set for Dylan- but not too big- we don't like yard work!




The Master bath- Nothing fancy but a good size and a nice sized tub :-)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

The house is beautiful! When you try adding a video you have to wai and wait and wait for it to upload, then when it sayd processing you have to wait some more. Then sometimes you have to keep clicking on it to make it play. And one time I had the video box but could not see the video, I posted it anyway and it showed up there. It's worth it in the end:)

Hailey said...

What a wonderful home! The long wait and perserverance is going to be so worth it when you are moving in someday soon! We finally bought our first home last October after years of patiently waiting. May the Lord bless this move for your family!