Monday, June 23, 2008

Our Anniversary

Kevin and I just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary yesterday (June 22nd) and we had a really great time. My awesome sister volunteered to take Dylan for the night so we decided to have a fake escape and get a room at the new Agua Caliente hotel. Those rooms are awesome! The standard room is very large with a flat screen tv, comfortable bed and a great view! The bathroom has a huge tub, separate shower and even a small flat screen. If anyone is looking for a little escape, or somewhere for relatives to stay when they come visit, this is a great place! We relaxed for awhile when we got there and then had dinner at the Steakhouse, which was really good. We have only done maybe one other overnight without Dylan so this was really great for our relationship to have some alone time together. I highly recommend it! Here are a couple reasons why my husband is so awesome:

1. He works SO hard for our family so that I only have to work minimal and I get to stay home and take care of Dylan. He will never know how thankful I am for this.

2. He is the most awesome father to Dylan. He misses that kid so much while he is working it is so cute to see them together. He is a hands-on father with whatever Dylan wants to do: playing blocks and puzzles on the floor, dancing to the wiggles, coloring, singing, going down the slides together at the park, and playing silly games in the pool. He even asks me to have Dylan call him at work every night so that they can talk about his day.

3. He loves me unconditionally: and trust me, I can be a pain in the butt! Ever since we were dating he has treated me with so much love and respect, I knew right away that he was different than anyone else I had dated. Now I know that he was a gift from God because he fits me so perfectly. I just recently told him that I wanted to start to go and see more shows, and he just got me awesome seats to go see Wicked in L.A., which I have wanted to see forever. He is so great!

Here are a couple pictures from our getaway:
First thing we do when we get there: relax in bed and watch tv
Here's us right before we went down to have dinner

Our waitress took this picture at dinner



1 comment:

Hailey said...

You look beautiful! Happy 6th! Great post . . . and I love that you went and stayed at the new casino - we need to do that!

I'm jealous of your wicked tickets. I wanna go so bad!