Since we are currently living at my parents house while we wait for our house (a later post to cover that vast subject), we have been swimming almost everyday. Dylan loves the pool, we are hoping to get him swimming independently this summer but for now he is wearing a floatation device that wraps around his middle. He has been pretty cautious of going under or jumping off the edge or diving board until the other day when my friends Cliff and Kaley came over. Cliff was a lifeguard and he worked little by little with Dylan using different techniques and now he has no fear of jumping off the diving board or going under. In fact while we were swimming yesterday he insisted on jumping off the diving board about 20 times in a row (never once taking in water!). Here is an action shot my dad got the first day:

So I'm thinking if we continue to make progress he will be swimming in no time! And I love this floatie thing cause you can take out the pads little by little so they have less and less help. Sounds like it would work to me but I will update when it is sucessful. What are we going to do when we don't have a pool anymore??
2 comments:
Hey Genny! Glad to see your blogging - woohoo! I love that floatie that Dylan's wearing. Especially the idea of takes out the pads little by little. You'll have to let me know how it works! Where've you been at Moms? We've missed you!! I'll talk to you soon! Glad I get to keep up with your family now : )
Thanks for saying Hi, Dylan is so handsome! I am so glad you are blogging-it is so much fun.
Post a Comment