Friday, May 21, 2010

One week...


....until Kev and I leave on our trip to Spirit West Coast Del Mar. For those of you who don't know, it is a 3 day Christian music festival held at the Del Mar fairgrounds. All four of us plus my Mother in law went last year and camped in the RV. It was a lot of fun, but hard with the kids. My Mother in law took care of them at night back at the RV so that we could enjoy all the music, but most of the time I was just feeling guilty about that and worried that they were giving her a hard time. So this year we are going KID-FREE. Dylan is spending the weekend camping with his Grandma, and I am splitting up Ethan care into three shifts. I don't think we have ever spent more than 24 hours away from the kids. I have a room reserved about 15 minutes away in San Diego and we are both so excited to spend a weekend away renewing ourselves both spiritually and as a couple. We are HUGE Christian rock fans and these are some of the bands we are looking forward to seeing:



  • The OC Supertones: they are re-uniting for this event and they are one of the main reasons we just had to go. We have been big fans of theirs for the last 10 years.

  • Stellar Kart

  • Tenth Avenue North

  • Hawk Nelson

  • Seventh Day Slumber

  • Francesca Battistelli

We tend to like the non-headliner bands (like the ones above) better than the headliners. But the headlinders are all great as well: Skillet, Newsboys, Jars of Clay, and Steven Curtis Chapman.


So a big thanks to those of you that are helping with my kids: My Mom, my Mother in law Robin, and my good friends Michelle and Kaley. You guys are awesome!!

No comments: