To the relief of all of you, this post is not about my personal hygiene, lol. It's about whether or not I should have a baby shower this time around. My sister offered to throw me one the other day and my initial thought was no because I know the "proper" etiquette is to only have a shower for your first child. However, I have also noticed that a lot of people have one for every pregnancy, especially if it's been awhile or the child is a different sex. When I first was thinking about it I was also thinking that I have almost everything I need, but then I was thinking that this baby will be born the opposite time of year from Dylan, plus there are things I wish I had with Dylan, or helpful items they have come out with since then. So, please, give me your opinion, what you would do, etc. Just for the heck of it, here is a picture from my shower with Dylan.
My Mom, Sister, Grandma, Great Aunt, and Myself...see I'm 28 weeks here, and I'm bigger now! sigh...
My Mom, Sister, Grandma, Great Aunt, and Myself...see I'm 28 weeks here, and I'm bigger now! sigh...
3 comments:
I would say do whatever works the best for you! I did a registry for the things I needed and people generally give you gifts the 2nd time around or so you would think. Conner definitely got the shaft compared to Jacob! I didn't do a shower but if you want to go for it :) I am planning on a shower my third time around when it's a girl.. ha ha :)
OF COURSE you should have a baby shower...and I BETTER be invited!!!!
Okay - here is my opinion.
First - let me say that it's not against ettiquete to have a 2nd baby shower, after all each baby is a different life to celebrate. Actualy ettiquete is having sometime other than family throw you a shower - but we all know that is just not a reality and everyone does it!
My opinion is to HAVE a shower! This life deserves equal celebration!!
Invite me and I'll come!!
Post a Comment