Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Bad Day....
I had a really bad day at home with Dylan today. I kind of realized that we rarely spend a whole day at home together. He either has school, or I work, or we run errands, or go to my parents house, church, etc. Well today I had a plumber coming in the morning and an air conditioning person coming in the afternoon, so we were kind of stuck home all day. It didn't help that we had a too late game night last night so I was really tired. We watched waaaaaaay to much TV, and then I tried to put him down for a nap. Of course he didn't take one because he hadn't had enough activity. Then there is this on going struggle with Dylan and our dog. We have had her since before he was born but because of our living situation she has been at Kevin's parents house until we moved into our new house. He loves her, but because of this he doesn't leave her alone, and he doesn't know how to play and pet nicely without getting rough and annoying her. She is great, she has never turned on him or anything, but I just feel bad for her. If anyone has any pointers on how to deal with this I would love them. We keep telling him over and over (and giving time outs) what he can and can't do with her but it doesn't seem to be making any difference. Today was just such a struggle, I felt like I was fighting with him all day. By the afternoon I called Kevin in tears because I didn't know what to do anymore. Pregnancy hormones+cranky toddler+lack of sleep= a very rough day. I'm feeling better now, just mad at myself for not handling it better. Sorry, that was probably too long for anyone to read, but I needed to get it out! Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Girl! I had many of those days awhile back! You just have to pray for strength and peace! It's hard. I know especially when you are tired and he is too! Just remember that God will never give us too much to handle! You are doing a great job and make sure you aren't too hard on yourself. I know, I'm the same way! Have a blessed day!
Keep your head up girl!!!
Genny I can't even begin to tell you how many of those days I had-pregnant with a one year old to deal with! All I can say is that you WILL get through every single one of them and come out a better mommy on the other side :)
awwwhhh - you poor thing! I was glad to see you happy on Saturday night at Church! It was great to see you. You look lovely! I'm so happy to be pregnant with you at the same time!
Enjoyed catching up on your blog today!! love, hailey
Post a Comment