Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oh Mickey D's


I know most of you out there could probably care less about whether or not you go to McDonald's. In fact, a lot of you probably don't even like it and just go there to occasionally appease your children's pleads for a Happy Meal. But I happen to really like McDonald's. I grew up going there occasionally; we hardly ever ate out but that was one of the places my Mom or Dad would take me. I like the breakfast sandwiches, I like the chicken nuggets, I like the cheeseburgers, I love the fries (with sweet n' sour sauce!). I am ashamed to say that before we made our recent lifestyle change I was going there (with or without my kids) 1-2 times a week on average. I have not been there in a MONTH. This is big for me. I miss it, but not so much. I can't decide whether it is safe for me to go there at all so for now I am staying away. :-)

2 comments:

MadOnesMom said...

The longer you stay away the less you will miss it! I once went 8 months without fast food and then caved just once, and I tell you, it was the most painful evening of my life. I went so long without crap that the food I hate gave me the worst stomach cramps ever. To this day, I prefer not to eat it because of that.

Catherine said...

So brave of you to post. I avoid it at all cost but sometimes, it's just the most convenient option, esp. if we're traveling. My kids love the play area more than the food and I'm always looking for a non-processed, healthier alternative. I agree though- Morgan and I always say that the Sausage McMuffin with egg and their fries must have crack in them! :)