Thursday, November 6, 2008
God is SO Good!!
I just can't even believe how awesome God is! After Kev's last check, we paid our bills and bought groceries, leaving us with about $30 bucks in the bank. So we were pretty much relying on whatever I could make in tips working 3 days a week to hold us over till the next check (which all has to go to bills too). We have also been making weekly dents in our savings account because there just doesn't ever seem to be quite enough money. I have been feeling really bad because Kev works SO hard to provide for this family and my work has been so bad lately that I have been contributing hardly anything. Then while I was at work today I got a text from Kev saying his boss had given him a bonus because he had been working so much and running the restaurant by himself while his boss was on vacation. WOW! This could not have come at a better time. It is not going to solve our financial issues permanently, but what a HUGE blessing! A couple weeks ago at church the sermon was about financial fear and they talked about how God takes care of the birds so why would he fail to take care of you. I have always believed this, yet it is hard to not let fear take over. This blessing really affirmed this truth to me. And I know it is all God because typically even if his boss were to do this he would give it to him at the next paycheck which isn't till next friday. His boss is not a Christian and he doesn't know that we are struggling, but I know that God led him to give Kevin that money. So praise the Lord! He is so awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi, I found your site through my cousin Holly's page. I just wanted to let you know what a great post this is. I can really relate to what you're saying =)
God is so good. He does provide all our needs. Praise the Lord for this blessing. I'm so stoked to see you Sat! Love your attitude of gratitude! =)
Wonderful!!
Post a Comment