This was the first year I was involved in the Vacation Bible School at my church which we call Summer Spectacular. This years theme was "Transformed to be like Christ", and the verse was Romans 12:2"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- His good, pleasing and perfect will." The program is for kids K-5 but if you volunteer your younger gets get to go and be involved in a lot of the activities. I was volunteering in Mission Banking which counts all the money that the kids bring in throughout the week that is donated to a local charity. I can't even tell you how much fun I had. Between counting quarters with my awesome team, checking out the super fun music, sitting in on storytime, and participating in all the wackiness, I had a week I will never forget. Rob Biagi did all the music for the kids and he was so much fun, I bought all his c.d.'s and dvd and I find myself listening to them even when Dylan is not in the car. 1200 kids attended and over 100 gave their lives to Christ for the first time. On the last day I sat in the worship center and watched all those kids dance and sing Praise to God, it truly touched my soul. This is something that I will look forward to every year, I can't wait until my boys get old enough to really appreciate all that it is. Here are a couple pictures I took from other people (my camera is broken so I'm trying to make do):
Janine got these awesome pictures of Ethan in the infant room

Dylan eating in his classroom

Dylan singing along with Rob

Janette and I checking on our babies

Counting quarters (Hailey made me wear this silly hat all day)

No comments:
Post a Comment